Friday, November 05, 2004

Toonzone Statement

by MNPundit/SSJPabs

Email: craziersaiyan@hotmail.com

Moderators, Administrators, Owners have decided to ban political discussions. Now I wonder if this was put to a vote or if everyone agreed.

Anyhow the mods just did something I consider wrong, dead wrong and harmful. But they can do that and I can't do anything about it. However, I enjoyed talking about political threads more here than anywhere else. The posters here, by and large, except for a few wingnuts, were clever, thoughtful and reasoned in their various positions. I learned a lot here about how to argue with people who would reason and how to detect when someone seemed to reasoning but was really a wingnut. I've seen the best political discussion I've ever encountered online here, and I would really like to do that. In fact, over the last year political discussions have become more and more my reason for coming here as opposed to talking about animation and I feel a bit adrift.

Unforunately the powers that be decided it was wrong. But I'm not ready to stop either. So what to do, what to do? Well I propose creating a new board seperate from Toonzone that the toonzone political posters can go to, to talk politics. I'd like to make it resembled the Cafe, but if for copyright issues the owners would oppose that then that can be easily changed.

This would be a board explicitly for political/policy discussions.

I would hope that the adminstrators and owners of Toonzone would support this endevour both because they would enjoy it, and because it would get all that energy off of the Toonzone board.

If you would be interested in continuing a discussion involving the toonzone posters, please let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger TheDevilIsInTheDetails said...

Another against abortion Resource... LifeLaw.org . A discussion forum for all that deals with such hot-button issues as against abortion .

November 7, 2005 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home