Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Scandals as a Spectator Sport

Salon has compiled a list of "34 scandals" in the first 4 years of the GOP regime that are worse than Whitewater. Atrios says that Whitewater wasn't a scandal and while it technically might not have been a scandal as (surprise!) the Clintons didn't do anything wrong, it ends up as a scandal because everyone treated it that way so the practical effect is the same. In the interest of framing the issue however I am quite happy to parrot "Whitewater was not a scandal!"

Anyhow, for your viewing pleasure I've compiled a list of the Salon scandals, sans description:

1. Memogate: The Senate Computer Theft
2. Doctor Detroit: The DOJ's Bungled Terrorism Case
3. Dark Matter: The Energy Task Force
4. The Indian Gaming Scandal
5. Halliburton's No-Bid Bonanza
6. Halliburton: Pumping Up Prices
7. Halliburton's Vanishing Iraq Money (Haliburton HAT TRICK!)
8. The Halliburton Bribe-apalooza
9. Halliburton: One Fine Company
10. Halliburton's Iran End Run (DOUBLE HAT TRICK!)
11. Money Order: Afghanistan's Missing $700 Million Turns Up in Iraq
12. Iraq: More Loose Change
13. The Pentagon-Israel Spy Case
14. Gone to Taiwan
15. Wiretapping the United Nations
16. The Boeing Boondoggle
17. The Medicare Bribe Scandal
18. Tom DeLay's PAC Problems
19. Tom DeLay's FAA: Following Americans Anywhere
20. In the Rough: Tom DeLay's Golf Fundraiser
21. Busy, Busy, Busy in New Hampshire
22. The Medicare Money Scandal
23. The Bogus Medicare "Video News Release"
24. Pundits on the Payroll: The Armstrong Williams Case
25. Ground Zero's Unsafe Air
26. John Ashcroft's Illegal Campaign Contributions
27. Intel Inside ... The White House
28. Duck! Antonin Scalia's Legal Conflicts
29. AWOL
30. Iraq: The Case for War
31. Niger Forgeries: Whodunit?
32. In Plame Sight
33. Abu Ghraib
34. Guantánamo Bay Torture?

6 Comments:

Blogger APOLLINE said...

Une mode féminine originale

October 8, 2005 at 5:45 AM  
Blogger Couch Potato said...

Help me Dude, I don't think I'm meant to be in this blog..

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up here. You know I'm sure I saw Elvis in my local sports bar yesterday, which is really strange because usually I see him in the supermarket.

Honest really, last time buying a few groceries there he was right in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasma tv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask ma good ol buddy Michael Jackson to come round and we're gonna watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

October 15, 2005 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Betfair Bettor said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Horse Racing and Sports site. It pretty much covers very related stuff to you.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

October 21, 2005 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Increase your Adsense Earnings

I noticed you have adsense ads on your page, Would you like to increase your earnings from them, Free and Legitimate way to make your clicks increase.
Come see my Blogger blog and it will tell you more.

October 25, 2005 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Goodman441 said...

Does anyone here know of better ways to increase Adsense income? I have been trying to get people to my site at: www.ickaboo.com for some time. Can anyone help me out?

November 2, 2005 at 5:09 AM  
Blogger Gordon said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a website related togoogle adsense software. So make sure you visit and hope it's useful.

November 15, 2005 at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home